Welcome to Sportsman Shooting Center! Our two-hour program is designed for groups of one to four shooters, and you can book your visit to our facility in one of two ways: as a private experience for yourself or a group of your friends, or as an individual shooter in a mixed group. All of our packages include: 30 minutes of time in our electronically-scored 100 yard shooting tunnel to zero your rifle and optic, 45 minutes of instruction in our SimTarget laser simulator to refine your shooting technique, and 45 minutes of range time in our exclusive cinema projection range.
Our private package allows an individual (or group of up to four people) the opportunity to enjoy our training and range package in a private setting. To book a private session, purchase all four slots in any time period showing private group availability. We can tailor the program for private groups to match your desires and experience level. We can also easily accommodate private groups of more than four shooters – just call so we can schedule the appropriate amount of range time.
If you do not choose to purchase all four slots in a scheduled rotation, book as an individual. We will add other individual shooters until we have a total of four shooters in each training group.
*For the Private Experience you purchase all four spaces in a time slot. You can use this yourself, or bring up to three other friends along with no additional range fees.
**Individuals reserve a single spot in a mixed group of (up to four) shooters per class.
What to expect at Sportsman Shooting Center:
Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled starting time. This time will be used to complete forms, introduce you to your instructor, inspect the ammunition you bring (or give you the chance to purchase additional ammunition at our retail store), set you up with a rental rifle if you need one, and provide you with a safety brief. Please secure any rifles carried into SSC in a case, and make 100% certain that it remains unloaded until your instructor tells you to load.
The first part of the program is our zeroing range. This 100 yard range is located in an underground tunnel beneath our facility. You will have the opportunity to shoot on this range to zero your rifle and optics. Instead of retrieving paper targets, scoring is handled electronically and you will see your shots displayed on a flat screen monitor next to your shooting position! We have an elevator installed to ensure that this range is fully accessible to shooters who cannot navigate the stairs.
The second stop is our SimTarget laser simulator. We have a separate training room set up just for this simulator. You will use a replica rifle fitted with an eye safe infrared laser, and shoot a variety of computer generated targets. The system’s playback feature lets your instructor show you how your barrel tracked on the target, where your shot hit, as well as the ideal aiming point. You will come away from this step a better shooter!
Following the simulator, you will move to the USA’s first live-fire hunting Cinema projection range. You will have the chance to shoot a variety of digital moving images of actual game animals. To make the experience any more realistic, we would have to bring in mosquitos! This action takes place on a 25 yard range that accommodates up to four shooters. The images are projected on a 12 x 30 foot screen. Automated sensors show you where your shots hit the target. The instructor runs the scenario, and the hunters take turns shooting.
You will need to bring 60 rounds of ammunition for your rifle, or purchase ammunition in our store prior to starting your program. We carry normal ammunition in most hunting calibers, as well as less expensive range ammunition in standard hunting calibers. Call ahead to make sure we have what you will need.
Following the end of the program, please feel free to relax in our comfortable lounge equipped with a coffee/soft drink bar, and watch your favorite hunting shows or the action on our ranges on our widescreen television monitors. We also have a well stocked work area so you can clean your rifle before you head home.
- Your cased rifle (rentals are available if you don't have a rifle)
- 60 rounds of ammunition (we have ammunition for sale as well)
- Headphone style hearing protection and side shield shooting glasses (we have rentals if required)
- Cash or credit card for any additional purchases you wish to make.
- A baseball style cap (for protection from hot brass).
- Flat soled, closed toe shoes (no flip flops, sandals, high heels etc).
Blaser R8 rifles are available for rental. The fee is $20.00. Our standard range rifle caliber is .308 Winchester. Rifles chambered in .223 Remington are available for those who prefer less noise and recoil. Rental rifles may also be set up for .270 Winchester, 30.06 Springfield, .375 H&H Magnum, and .458 Lott. Please call ahead to ensure availability of rifles and ammunition in the caliber you wish to shoot.
Peltor Electronic hearing protection, and side shield shooting glasses may be rented for $10.00 per set.
1. Always point the muzzle of your firearm in a SAFE direction, While moving on or off the range the muzzle of your rifle must be straight up. At the shooting stand, the muzzle is to be pointed down range at all times.
2. Keep your finger OFF THE TRIGGER and outside the trigger guard until on target and ready to fire.
3. Keep the ACTION OPEN and firearm unloaded until you are instructed to load.
4. Know how to operate your firearm. If you have any questions about firearm operation, our staff will gladly assist you.
5. Be sure your firearm and ammunition are COMPATIBLE. If using more than one firearm, make sure you carry ONLY the correct ammunition to the bench.
6. Absolutely NO black powder, tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, or surplus military ammunition. Inspect the ammunition, not the box label. ALL ammunition used at the facility will be jacketed or non-lead bullets.
7. Hunting rifles only. No muzzle loading, black powder, handguns, pneumatic (air or CO2), experimental or antique firearms allowed.
8. Shoot at the TARGET or SCREEN only. Misfires into the floor, walls, or ceiling will be assessed a repair fee of $75.00 per shot.
9. HEARING AND EYE PROTECTION ARE REQUIRED when in the Cinema Range or Zeroing Tunnel.
10. Alcoholic beverages or Illegal drugs are strictly prohibited. Anyone SUSPECTED to be under the influence will not be allowed to shoot.
11. No smoking, food, or beverages on the range at any time.
12. Range Officer or Managers of ASSC are in charge at all times. Please be mindful of all rules and respect requests made by the ASSC staff.
13. Anyone acting in an unsafe manner, or not following the range rules will be asked to leave the training.
14. Be aware that certain circumstances may require additional rules be implemented without notice.